Italian Broccoli with Peppers
This healthy side dish goes with just about anything. And for a satisfying meal, we like it over pasta or grilled chicken or turkey breasts. —Maureen McClanahan, St. Louis, Missouri
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe tomato, cut into wedges and seeded
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and
- boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place broccoli in ice
- water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute peppers in oil for 3 minutes or
- until crisp-tender. Add the broccoli, garlic, oregano, salt and
- pepper; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the tomato; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 55 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,