Italian Beef Hoagies
You'll need just five ingredients to feed a crowd these tender tangy sandwiches. "On weekends, I start the roast the night before, so I can shred it in the morning," says Lori Piatt of Danville, Illinois.
18 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds), halved
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild pickled pepper rings, undrained
- 18 hoagie buns, split
- Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the salad dressing mix
- and water; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or
- until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; shred with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Add
- pepper rings; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto each
- bun. Yield: 18 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 346 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.