Italian Baked Chicken Breasts
This flavorful baked chicken is tender and juicy. It's perfect served with green beans, Italian bread and your favorite side salad. Shirl Parsons - Cape Carteret, North Carolina
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg whites and vinegar. In another shallow
- bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, garlic powder and garlic
- salt. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray;
- lightly coat chicken with butter-flavored spray. Sprinkle with salt
- and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until
- a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 191 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 560 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat,