Island Fruit Salad
I live to serve this side with any main dish. With pina colada yogurt and toasted coconut, the fruit medley brings a hint of the tropics to the table.Krista Frank, Rhododendron, Oregon
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) reduced-fat pina colada yogurt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large serving bowl, combine the bananas, mango, kiwi, pineapple
- and yogurt; toss to coat. Sprinkle with coconut. Serve with a
- slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 134 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.