- For topping, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar and pie spice; cut
- in shortening until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350°
- for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 muffin (calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 306 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.