Irresistible Carrot Soup
Every time I make a pot of this creamy soup, everyone comments on its appealing taste and eye-catching color. It's irresistible.Anneliese Deising, Plymouth, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling Cook: 20 min.
- 3 leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional grated carrots, optional
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute leeks in butter for 1 minute. Add carrots
- and cook 2 minute longer. Stir in broth, rice, mace and pepper;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until
- rice and carrots are tender. Cool slightly. Puree in batches in a
- blender; return to pan. Add cream; heat though but do not boil.
- Garnish with carrots if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 217 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,000 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.