Iowa Ham Balls Main Dish
This unusual meatball will be sure to treat your friend and family to a great meal.Grace Howaniec, Waukesha, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 pound ground ham
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) tomato soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 2-1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, eggs and milk. Crumble ham and
- beef over mixture. Shape meat mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, into
- individual balls and place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and pour over balls. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 897 calories, 40 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 198 mg cholesterol, 1,924 mg sodium, 84 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 49 g protein.