Individual Egg Bakes
Don't sell this simple but delicious recipe short. It's been a hit with my friends and family for years. I plan to make a few extra each time because no one can seem to eat enough of them!
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 Wright® Brand Bacon strips
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 1 cup ketchup, chili-pepper ketchup or salsa
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Partially cook bacon in microwave or oven until about halfway done
- (do not overcook); drain. Spray eight 10-oz. custard cups with
- cooking spray. Line each cup with one bacon strip. Spoon 2
- tablespoons ketchup or salsa on top of bacon. Break one egg into
- each cup; season with salt and pepper. Place cups on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until eggs reach
- desired doneness. Let stand 2 minutes. Run a knife around edge of
- cups; slip eggs out of cups onto a serving platter.
- Spoon sauce from the custard cups over eggs. Garnish with parsley if
- desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 232 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 228 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.