Individual Cranberry Trifles
If you don't have enough individual parfaits, you can make this dessert from our Test Kitchen in a trifle bowl. Either way, it's sure to bring you rave reviews.
14-16 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Fresh cranberries or mint, optional
- Prepare, bake and cool angel food cake according to package
- directions. Cut into 1-in. cubes; set aside. In a large bowl,
- combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, sour cream and vanilla;
- beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. In a bowl, combine the
- cranberry sauce, sugar and orange peel.
- In individual parfait glasses or a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of
- the cake cubes, cranberry mixture and whipped topping mixture.
- Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with cranberries
- and mint if desired. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 440 calories, 16 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium,