Indiana-Style Corn Dogs
Among the best parts of the many fairs and festivals in Indiana are the corn dogs served there! My family loves corn dogs, so I fix them fairly often at home. —Sally Denney, Warsaw, Indiana
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash of pepper
- 10 to 16 hot dogs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In large bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, milk,
- egg, paprika, mustard and pepper. Pour mixture into tall glass.
- Skewer hot dogs with wooden skewers; dip in mixture. Deep-fry at
- 375° until golden brown (about 2 minutes). Drain on paper
- towels. Yield: 10-16 corn dogs.