In a Snap Pepperoni Salad
“This salad first had bacon, but I opted for pepperoni. I just snip it up with a kitchen shears and sprinkle it on. It’s a good way for kids to get their vegetables.” Lee Deneau - Lansing, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- In a large serving bowl, combine the first six ingredients. For
- dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar and
- vinegar. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 312 calories, 23 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.