Have a blizzard of fun making edible igloos out of cupcakes, whipped topping and marshmallows.Lorri Reinhardt, Big Bend, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 large marshmallows
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- Coarse white sugar and/or edible glitter, optional
- Icing decorations or bear-shaped crackers, optional
- Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for
- cupcakes. Cool completely; remove cupcakes from liners.
- Place one cupcake on a serving plate. Completely cover with 1/4 cup
- whipped topping. Cut a large marshmallow in half crosswise; cut each
- half with an apple corer to form an igloo entryway. Place against
- Starting at the bottom, cover entire cupcake with rows of miniature
- marshmallows, forming an igloo. Repeat with remaining cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with sugar and add icing decorations if desired. Yield: 1
Edible glitter and icing decorations are available from Wilton Industries. Call 800-794-5866 or visit wilton.com.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cupcake (calculated without bear crackers) equals 286 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.