Icy Fruit Pops
My grandmother made these pineapple treats for my brother and I when we were little. Today, the pops remain a cool and simple snack that delights kids of all ages. —Le Ann Kane of Forsyth, Illinois
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices and quartered
- 1 can (12 ounces) diet ginger ale
- 24 maraschino cherries or fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, water, orange juice
- concentrate, lemonade concentrate and sugar substitute. Stir in the
- bananas and ginger ale.
- Place a cherry in each of twenty-four 3-oz. paper cups; fill with
- pineapple mixture. Insert wooden sticks. Cover and freeze until
- firm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 66 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.