Iced Tea Parfaits
Here’s a parfait that’s perfect for a garden or patio party. Tea adds a wonderfully unexpected flavor to gelatin. And kids will have fun finding the cherry at the bottom.Teena Petrus, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups water
- 3 individual tea bags
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 4 lemon slices
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add
- tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir
- gelatin into tea until completely dissolved. Cool slightly.
- Pour 1/4 cup gelatin mixture into each of four parfait glasses. Place
- a cherry in each glass; refrigerate until set but not firm, about 1
- hour. Transfer remaining gelatin mixture to a small bowl;
- refrigerate for 1 hour or until soft-set.
- Whisk gelatin mixture for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in 1/2
- cup whipped topping; spoon into parfait glasses. Refrigerate for at
- least 2 hours. Just before serving, top with remaining whipped
- topping and garnish with lemon slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 parfait equals 162 calories, 5 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.