My mother-in-law gave me this recipe some 15 years ago. I've made well over 100 batches since then!Susan Marie Taccone, Erie, Pennsylvania
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2-1/2 cups whole unblanched almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add almonds
- and sugar. Cook and stir constantly for 7-8 minutes or until syrup
- is golden brown. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Immediately drop by clusters or separate almonds on a greased pan.
- Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 274 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.