Ice Cream Supreme
Summers here in Maine are too short to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so we're always looking for simple, quick recipes to make. This fast dessert fits our family of ice cream lovers fine!
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and peanut butter.
- Add cereal; stir until coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Set
- aside 3/4 cup for topping.
- Combine remaining mixture with ice cream. Spread into a 10-in.
- springform pan; sprinkle with reserved topping. Freeze for 4 hours
- or overnight. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 375 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.