Ice Cream Sandwiches
Smile-producing Ice Cream Sandwiches end this fast feast. "You need just two ingredients for these frosty treats," Lynn says.
The cookies can bake while you work on the rest of the meal, then assemble the sandwiches and pop them in the freezer until it's time for dessert.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 4 cups peanut butter cup ice cream or flavor of your choice
- Bake cookies according to package directions. Cool on baking sheets
- for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Place 1/2 cup of ice cream on the bottoms of eight cookies; top each
- with another cookie and press down gently. Wrap each in plastic
- wrap. Freeze until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 663 calories, 38 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.