Ice Cream Dessert
Three easy ingredients you likely have on hand form the rich crumb coating on these fun frozen squares sent in by Rosemary White of Oneida, New York. "My sister-in-law gave me this recipe, and it's one of my family's favorite desserts," she comments.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream or flavor of your choice, softened
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter; cook and stir until
- sugar is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in cracker crumbs. Place
- half of crumb mixture in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Carefully
- spread ice cream over crumbs (pan will be full). Sprinkle with
- remaining crumbs; gently press down. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting. May be frozen for
- up to 2 months. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 437 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.