Ice Cream Crunchies
Four ingredients are all Sady Craig needs for these frosty bars. "Kids have so much fun putting these together", notes the Lapeer, Michigan reader.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a large bowl, combine corn syrup and peanut butter; stir in
- cereal. With buttered hands, press the mixture into a greased 13-in.
- x 9-in. pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Cut cereal mixture into 12 rectangles; remove from the pan. Place 1/2
- cup ice cream on six rectangles; top with remaining rectangles. Wrap
- each in plastic wrap and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to
- 2 months. Cut in half before serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 183 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.