Ice Cream Cookie Dessert
Our family loves dessert, and this chocolaty, layered treat is one of Mom’s most-requested recipes…and so easy to prepare.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine 3-3/4 cups cookie crumbs and butter. Press
- into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Spread with ice cream; cover and
- freeze until set.
- Drizzle fudge topping over ice cream; cover and freeze until set.
- Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
- Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer
- 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 595 calories, 28 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.