This quick-to-fix dish really lives up to its name. Pea pods and chow mein noodles are interesting additions that add some pleasant crunch. - Rosemarie Yoakum, Columbus, Ohio.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen pea pods
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup, undiluted
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and celery over medium heat until the
- meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add pea
- pods, noodles and soup mix; mix well. Transfer to a greased 9-in.
- square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
To give Hurry-up Casserole a hearty crunch, try replacing the chow mein noodles with toasted cashews or almonds.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 407 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein.