“We live in the ’north woods,’ so we usually have an ample supply of venison. This is a recipe our mom made often, and it’s one of our favorites.”
—Terry Paull, Eagle River, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless venison steak, cubed
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain.
- Place potatoes and onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with venison
- and bacon.
- Combine the corn, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and seasoned salt; pour
- over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and
- potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-2/3 cups equals 355 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 658 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.