- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, whisk the milk and pudding mix. Bring to a boil,
- stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Pour into a bowl; press a
- piece of waxed paper or plastic wrap over pudding. Refrigerate for
- 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, cream the butter, shortening and confectioners' sugar
- until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and cooled pudding. Split
- each cake into two layers. Place one bottom layer on a serving
- plate; spread with about 3/4 cup filling. Repeat layers. Garnish
- with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 390 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.