- In a Dutch oven, brown roast in butter on all sides. Add reserved
- vinegar mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- until meat is tender, about 3 hours.
- For gravy, remove roast and keep warm. Strain cooking liquid,
- discarding vegetables and seasonings. Measure 1-1/2 cups of the
- cooking liquid; add to saucepan. Add water and sugar. Bring to a
- boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat. Add gingersnap
- crumbs; simmer until gravy thickens. Serve with roast. Yield: 8
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.