Hot Tortellini Salad
Once you've cooked the tortellini, the rest of this salad is a breeze to finish in the microwave. Sour cream provides the mild coating over this memorable medley of pasta, ham and broccoli shared Catherine Allan of Twin Falls, Idaho.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 to 5 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the broccoli, onions and butter.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir. Cook 2 minutes
- longer or until broccoli is tender.
- Drain tortellini; add to broccoli mixture. Stir in the ham, sour
- cream and basil. Cover and microwave on high for 30-90 seconds or
- until heated through. Let stand for 2 minutes before serving. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 184 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.