Hot Italian Beef Sandwiches
If you’re looking for a great dish for a casual fall get-together or half-time fare for a football party, try these simple hot sandwiches from LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma. They’re also good with salad or soup for a hearty lunch.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours + standing
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 3 large green peppers, diced
- 1 cup white wine or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the green
- peppers, wine or broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic salt and
- oregano. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is
- Remove beef and let stand for 10-15 minutes; cut across the grain
- into 1/8-in. slices. Serve on rolls; top with green peppers. Strain
- cooking juices to serve with sandwiches. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 421 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.