Hot Holiday Cider
This warming, slightly tart cider is perfect for a holiday open house. It fills the room with a wonderful aroma.Cindy Tobin, West Bend, Wisconsin
14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 2 quarts apple cider or juice
- 1 quart cranberry juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the cider, juices and sugar.
- Place the cinnamon sticks, allspice and cloves on a double thickness
- of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to
- form a bag. Place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Discard
- spice bag. Serve warm. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 145 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.