Hot Ham Sandwiches
"I came up with this crowd-pleasing recipe when trying to re-create a favorite sandwich from a restaurant near my hometown," recalls Susan Rehm of Grahamsville, New York. "Flavored with sweet relish, these ham sandwiches are oh-so-easy. My family likes them with coleslaw and French fries."
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 3 pounds thinly sliced deli ham (about 40 slices)
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- Additional sweet pickle relish, optional
- Separate ham slices and place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small
- bowl, combine the apple juice, brown sugar, relish, mustard and
- paprika. Pour over ham.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Place
- 3-4 slices of ham on each roll. Serve with additional relish if
- desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich (calculated without additional relish) equals 432 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 1,974 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.