Hot Ham & Cheese Slices
Crisp, unique and a crowd-pleaser. Get ready to score rave reviews with these tasty slices.
- Pat Stevens, Granbury, Texas
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, pepper and onions in butter
- until tender. Set aside.
- Unfold pastry. Layer the ham, cheese and mushroom mixture off-center
- on each sheet of pastry. Fold pastry over filling; pinch seams to
- seal. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5
- minutes. Cut each with a serrated knife into 4 slices. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 469 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 17 g protein.