Hot Fruit and Sausage
Pineapple, brown sugar, and cinnamon make plain pork sausage links extra tasty. And the banana slices really complement the sausage. This dish is super easy to prepare and makes any breakfast special.Marian Peterson, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked pork sausage links
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook sausage according to package directions;
- drain. Add pineapple, brown sugar and cinnamon; heat through. Stir
- in banana just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 261 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 736 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.