Hot Fruit Compote
“This sweet and colorful fruit compote is perfect with an egg casserole at a holiday brunch. It can bake right alongside the eggs, so everything is conveniently done at the same time,” notes Joyce Moynihan in Lakeville, Minnesota.
20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 package (20 ounces) pitted dried plums
- 1 jar (16 ounces) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour into a
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread pie
- filling over fruit mixture; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Serve
- warm. Yield: 20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 193 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.