Hot Dog Sauce
I was having company one day and looking for just the right sauce for hot dogs. I called Grandma, who shared this wonderful recipe.Melissa Norris, Churubusco, Indiana
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Carefully crumble beef
- into water. Add onion. Boil until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomato sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve
- over hot dogs in buns. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 106 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.