Hot Dog Macaroni Bake
Looking for a main dish kids will like making and eating? Try this quick casserole from Irene Delbaugh of York, Pennsylvania. "I've served it quite often when time is short. Children especially enjoy it," she comments.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 hot dogs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cut hot dogs in half lengthwise; cut into 1/2-in. slices. In a large
- skillet, brown hot dogs over medium-high heat. Reduce heat. Add
- onion and butter; cook until onion is tender. Stir in the macaroni,
- soup, water and mustard.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread
- crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until
- bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 440 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 1,041 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.