Hot Dog Bean Soup
“My husband fixed this soup for our three kids years ago. They always loved it and now prepare it for their own kids. It’s a real favorite on family camping trips," says Mary Ann Kime of Sturgis, Michigan.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook hot dogs in oil over medium heat for 3-4
- minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining
- ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until
- heated through, stirring once. Stir in hot dogs.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 335 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 1,095 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 16 g protein.