Hot Diggity Dogs
"I like speedy recipes using boxed pasta or rice," writes Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. "I stock up on hot dogs when they're on sale and freeze them so I can make this dish anytime." Tip: "Add a salad and hot bread for a supper that's a snap to fix," she suggests.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) four-cheese corkscrew pasta mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Cook pasta according to package directions, using the water, milk and
- butter. Stir in the hot dogs, peas and mustard. Remove from the
- heat; cover and let stand for 3-5 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 452 calories, 28 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,192 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.