Hot Diggety Dogs
"My family has always enjoyed this quick and easy snack," relates Linda Blankenmyer of Conestoga, Pennsylvania. "When our children were young, they used to help me fix these. Now they prepare them with their own families."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 20 saltine crackers
- 5 slices process American cheese, quartered
- Ketchup, mustard and pickle relish
- 2 hot dogs
- Place crackers on a lightly greased baking sheet. Top with cheese,
- ketchup, mustard and relish. Cut each hot dog into 10 slices; place
- one slice on each cracker. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or
- until the cheese is melted. Yield: 20 snacks.
Editor's Note: If serving small children, cut hot dog slices in half; double the amount of crackers and cheese.