Hot Cranberry Citrus Drink
This lovely rosy drink, with its appealing fresh fruit flavor, is not too sweet or too tart. I sometimes serve this hot beverage at Christmas or at brunch gatherings as an alternative to coffee, tea or cold juice.
-Shari Donaldson, Cummings, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 10 cups water
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and water to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer for 5-7 minutes or until berries pop. Stir in the
- remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 25-30 minutes.
- Strain through cheesecloth; discard pulp and cinnamon sticks. Serve
- warm. Yield: 3 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 109 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.