Field editor Glenna Tooman of Boise, Idaho dresses up apple cider using lemonade, orange juice, honey and spices. "It makes a welcome treat for a party," she notes.
18 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Dash ground cloves
- 1 gallon apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 individual tea bag
- In a large stockpot, combine the water, allspice, cinnamon stick and
- cloves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30
- Add the remaining ingredients. Return just to a boil. Discard
- cinnamon stick and tea bag. Stir and serve warm. Yield: 18 servings
- (4-1/2 quarts).