Hot Cheddar-Mushroom Spread
One of my high school friends brought this fuss-free appetizer to a get-together and the rest of us couldn't get enough of it. I've since made it for family parties and potlucks, where it is always a hit.Becky Ruff, Monona, Iowa
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cans (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheeses, mushrooms and
- dressing mix. Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is
- melted. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.