Hot Buttered Rum Party Mix
A spicy mix of crisp cereal, soft marshmallows and rum extract make this a delicious treat to nosh on with friends, while studying or when watching a movie.Susan Tite, China, Michigan
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 4 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine cereals; set aside. In a
- small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and
- honey. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Stir in the extract and spices; pour over cereal mixture and toss to
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute.
- Let cool slightly. Stir in marshmallows. Spread onto waxed paper to
- cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 202 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.