Hot Buttered Rum Mix
I offered this comforting, hot drink to guests at one of my Bunco gatherings. Everyone wanted the recipe. I like to keep a batch in the freezer for easy entertaining.Carol Beyerl, East Wenatchee, Washington
14-18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each serving):
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add
- the ice cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and extract. Transfer to a freezer
- container; freeze overnight. Makes 3-1/2 cups mix.
- To prepare hot drink: Dissolve 3-4 tablespoons of mix in boiling
- water; stir well. Yield: 14-18 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 225 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.