Horseradish Spinach Salad
Every time I serve this fresh spinach salad, I’m asked for the recipe. Everyone enjoys the zesty dressing, bacon pieces and toasted pecans. It’s so easy and impressive.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a food processor, combine cottage cheese and sour cream; cover and
- process until smooth. Add the sugar, vinegar, horseradish, mustard
- and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- In a salad bowl, toss spinach with pecans and bacon. Serve with
- dressing. Yield: 10 servings (1-1/4 cups dressing).
Nutrition Facts: about 1 cup salad with 2 tablespoons dressing equals 163 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.