The combination of mustard and horseradish gives this flavorful sauce just the right amount of zip. It's perfect for spicing up all kinds of beef.Jim Cosgrove, Burlington, Ontario
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 to 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add
- milk and cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove
- from the heat; add the seasonings, horseradish and lemon juice.
- Serve over roast beef or spread on beef sandwiches. Yield: 1-1/4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 52 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.