Looking for a speedy way to dress up potatoes? Try this zippy treatment from Myra Innes. "When our potatoes are fresh out of the garden, we eat them often, so I try to serve them in different ways," says the Auburn, Kansas cook.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 small red potatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- Place butter in an ungreased microwave-safe 1-qt. dish. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in
- horseradish, lemon juice, salt, pepper and potatoes. Cover and
- microwave on high for 7-1/2 minutes, stirring once. Let stand for 2
- minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 205 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.