Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
This potato dish gets its flavor from a combination of light sour cream and mayonnaise, chives and a little horseradish. We even serve it at holiday get-togethers. -Melissa Merkle of Elizabeth, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced chives, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2-1/4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl; mash with 5 tablespoons sour cream,
- milk, 1-1/2 teaspoons chives and salt. Spoon into a 1-qt. baking
- dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, pepper and
- remaining sour cream. Spread over potato mixture. Sprinkle with
- remaining chives. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 101 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,