Horseradish Cheese Spread
"I got this recipe from a friend, Pam Bloom, the secretary at Hersey Elementary School in Hersey, Michigan," reports Connie Simon of Reed City, Michigan. "It makes a creamy, delicious evening snack."
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds process American cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Melt cheese in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until
- smooth. Add remaining ingredients and stir until smooth. Spoon into
- containers and refrigerate. Serve with crackers or raw vegetables.
- Yield: 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 112 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.