Honeyed Fig & Ricotta Appetizers
Stave off hungry guests' growling stomachs with these tasty bites. Don't let their upscale appearance fool you—the warm appetizers are really quite simple to make. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
24 ServingsPrep/Total TIme: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 24 gingersnap cookies
- 8 dried figs
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, sugar, cinnamon and
- nutmeg. Spread 1 teaspoon over each cookie. Arrange on a foil-lined
- baking sheet.
- Cut each fig into three slices; place on cheese mixture. Drizzle fig
- slices with honey. Bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes or until heated
- through. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 66 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.