Honeyed Carrot Coins
IT SEEMS carrots are frequently on my menu. They're so easy to work with and are usually on hand.
This is one of my favorite recipes. I got it from a neighbor. We like to share recipes at our potluck suppers while we're eating all those delicious home-cooked dishes.
-Annie Hicks, Zephyrhills, Florida
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine carrots and apple juice. Cover and cook
- over medium heat for 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in the
- remaining ingredients. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with margarine and without salt) equals 119 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fruit.