Honeydew Lime Cooler
Serve up a frosty glass of this citrusy blend of lime sherbet and honeydew melon for a real thirst quencher. "I like to sip this on warm afternoons, but it's equally good for breakfast or brunch," writes Mitzi Sentiff of Annapolis, Maryland
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4-1/2 cups cubed honeydew (about 1 small melon)
- 1-1/2 cups lime sherbet
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 fresh strawberries
- Place melon cubes in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; cover and
- freeze until firm, about 15 minutes. Set aside five melon cubes.
- In a food processor, combine the sherbet, lime juice and remaining
- frozen melon; cover and process until smooth. Pour into glasses;
- garnish with strawberries and reserved melon. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 135 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.