This snack has a sweet peanutty flavor that makes it a satisfying treat for kids of all ages.Opal Blackmar, Rockford, Illinois
27 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) Honey-comb cereal
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Place cereal in a large bowl; set aside. In a saucepan over low heat,
- stir candy coating and peanut butter until smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Pour over cereal and stir until well coated. Immediately spread onto
- two greased baking sheets. Cool completely. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: about 20 cups.
Editor's Note: White confectionery coating is found in the baking section of most grocery stores. It is sometime labeled "almond bark" or "candy coating" and is often sold in bulk packages of 1 to 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 each) equals 187 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.